Wednesday 29 July 2015

Ever feel like you're busy?



I often feel busy, and feel like there is probably more I should be getting done, I have a 'to do' list and quite regularly have to bump things on the list to another day. I'm very good at finding things to do, and there always seems to be something that I feel like I should do. It's not even that others put pressure on me to do stuff, I put it on myself. This can cause me to feel busy, and a bit stressed.

The other day, just as I was feeling busy and getting ready for the day, I read this little verse: 
O Lord, you will ordain peace for us, 
for you have indeed done for us all our works.Isaiah 26:12  
 
Do you know what? That gave me such relief! It's not me that does all this stuff, but I have help! Phew! I remembered then that I have someone who walks with me, and works with me. God is not just by my side or watching over me, but He is working alongside me.

This made me question the importance of all that stuff that I get busy with. What should I really be doing? Yes, the housework will not do itself sadly, but do I need to get so bothered by it? Do I need to feel stressed that the bathroom hasn't been cleaned in x amount of days, or that I still haven't responded to that email/letter/phone call?

Knowing that God is doing it with me helps. God has, 'done for us all our works'. This is the stuff that concerns us, things we are busy doing and have a duty to do. We don't have to bear the burden alone.

The other brilliant thing about this verse is it says that God, 'will ordain peace for us'. He will give us an internal rest. The definition of peace is - freedom from disturbance, tranquility. 

So, next time I feel I have much to do, I am going to try to remember this. I am going to aim to remind myself that God is doing the work with me, and that He can give me peace.

 I might not seem any less busy but I can certainly feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment