Wednesday 27 January 2016

Ruling a Kingdom

Exodus 15:11
"Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? 
Who is like you, majestic in holiness,"

Who is like you? 
Incomparable
Undescribable
Unreachable
In a different class, standing

Majestic in holiness 
Majestic- Royal, distinguished, set apart, above
Holiness- Purity, divinity, devotion, apartness, sacredness

So, to sum up, 'majestic in holiness' is to be; set apart, distinguished and ruling in purity and divinity through love.

Imagine being in charge, knowing the good and right things, ruling a kingdom, in a loving way, that's a challenge.

Those you rule are not aware of your concepts of what is good and right, or if they are, they find it difficult living up to those standards. 
As a ruler, you'd think it fair to punish those who step out of line right? They do nothing to promote your kingdom. In fact they tarnish it. So, they should be punished until behaviour changes, or kicked out if they clearly do not want to live by the standards of your kingdom. As a ruler, you'd probably make rules, and then you'd have to think about what happens when they are broken. It would be your prerogative, it's your kingdom. However, would that be a loving way to rule?

God has that exact dilemma. He has built His kingdom, and invited us into it. 
He is perfectly good, He knows what is good and right, yet He wants all of us in His kingdom. 
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty certain that I'm not perfect, so how do I fit into a kingdom built by one who is?
God is perfect, He is holy. 
For me this seems unachievable. I cannot live up to the standard of perfection that God demonstrates. I end up breaking the rules. 
So what happens about that?
What I have found, is that God doesn't show me all at once how terrible I am. He doesn't keep a list of all of my indiscretions, He doesn't mount up all my sins, or even call me to punishment or kick me out of His kingdom. 

Do you know what He does?

He forgives me! 

When I recognise and apologise for my errors and ask forgiveness, that is what I get. As I believe that Jesus is the son of God who lived in Earth a perfect life, and took upon the punishment for me. He was the one that took my punishment, so that I don't get kicked out of the kingdom.

God is holy. He is also love.

His kingdom is open for everyone. We are allowed to live in the same space as someone who is the perfect ruler, but they don't rub it in our faces and make us feel bad. 

This is unlike any leader I have ever known. This is because God is; set apart, distinguished and ruling in purity and divinity through love 'majestic in holiness,'.

No comments:

Post a Comment